Although is most typical on teens most people get blackheads and one point or another. There isn't a single thing that can categorically prevent them but there are few steps you can take to avoid them as much as possible.
1. It will help to keep the skin clean by using non irritating cleansers.
2. When buying skin care products make sure they are lightweight, oil-free and "non-comedogenic" which means that they won't clog the pores.
3. Retinol products are said to be good to prevent the dreaded blackheads. Use them only at night time and start with a low dose.
4. Skin care products containing acids like salicylic, glycolic and lactic are especially beneficial when used as facial masks of exfoliants.
5. Use products with enzymes or charcoal because they draw out impurities.
6. A good tool to get rid of skin's impurities and blemishes is a facial cleansing brush.
7. It is recommended by experts not to squeeze blackheads or whiteheads for risk of infection. Is best to go to a salon where a beautician will take care of your blemishes with a professional facial.
8. Mild professional chemical peels are a great way to get rid of dead skin cells and debris. It will help clear pores instantly and will last longer.
9. Go for foundations and concealers that are light and non-comedogenic. In this case "less" is definitely "more".